Sunday 11 August 2013

Bike Transport

We've been on holiday for a week in Suffolk. We took one of my bikes, my son's bike and my wife's (new) bike. This involved 3 bikes on the car: my Giant on the Thule 961, my son's Boardman on my home made 961 and my wife's Trek on an original un-modified Halfords carrier that was the basis for my version of the Thule 961








The biggest problem I found fit this set up was my height. You need to be quite tall anyway to use the standard Halford's carrier and with it fitted to the centre of the car I could only just reach to tighten it up (no handle thing like the current Thule equivalents). I had to resort to using our small 2 step step ladder thing to reach properly, which I then had to put in the car and take with us. More thought later would have identified that I should put this carrier at the edge of the car and not in the centre - lesson learned for next time.

1 comment:

  1. Tri Bike Transfer aims for hassle free bike transport for triathletes and cyclist to the major triathlons and cycling events around Australia.

    ReplyDelete